Aurora’s SaaS team builds data and analytics software products that support our customers’ strategic decisions on the road to a carbon-free future. Widely adopted by leading energy companies and investors, our software combines sophisticated technology, wealth of market data and expertise, and great user experience.
We our currently looking for a Product Analyst to join our Oxford team. As the Product Analyst, you will be responsible for developing, augmenting and drawing insights from Aurora’s growing energy analytics platform, used by our clients and internal teams for a wide range of projects. You will play an active role across different aspects of continuous product delivery: identifying client needs and gaps in the in-house databases, developing new functionality and data with the software team, and presenting data-enabled insights to internal and external audiences. You will learn the ropes of SaaS product management in a fast-growing team and a critical sector, working closely with experienced product managers and developers.
Successful candidates will combine passion for data-driven decisions, hands-on experience in data wrangling, visualisation, and a strong track record of performance in team-oriented environments. They will gain a deep understanding of the energy industry and product management skills, working close to the forefront of the global energy transformation, under the guidance of directors with deep experience applying academic insights to practical challenges.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme.
- Researching the market, following industry developments, and interfacing with stakeholders to inform the product roadmap
- Building, managing, and prioritising the analytics platform backlog based on business value, technical complexity, and product strategy
- Honing techniques to analyse and present Aurora data in meaningful and compelling ways
- Developing actionable insight from quantitative data analysis to inform client’s decisions and support internal research and consultancy work
- Working closely with the software development team to test newly implement new features and improved product functionalities
- Identifying public data sources for integration into Aurora’s analytics platform and reviewing existing data for errors and anomalies
- Creating documentation to help with auditing, support, and troubleshooting
- Supporting clients with in-depth data and analytics questions
- Strong interest in the evolution of energy markets
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An aptitude to analyse, interpret, and present complex quantitative data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Interest in learning at least one programming language, e.g. Python
- Previous experience with programming languages such as Python is a plus
- Experience with analytic tools such as Power BI and Tableau is a plus
- Experience with or exposure to SQL and GIS systems is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- A great start into a product management career
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.