- Oxford office
- Permanent full-time
We’re looking for a new Product Analyst to join our SaaS team. Based in Oxford, you will contribute to the development of Aurora’s growing suite of software services, widely used by major investors in the energy sector. As part of the expanding Software as a Service team, you will play an active role across different aspects of continuous product delivery: discovering the most valuable client use cases, delivering product enhancements as part of a cross-functional team, and supporting client success with your expertise.
Successful candidates will combine a passion for global energy transformation with a strong interest in data product management and advanced data analytics. They will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, demanding but collaborative environment. They will gain a deep understanding of the energy industry and product management skills, working close to the forefront of the global energy transformation.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme.
- Conduct competition, market, and customer research
- Work with the Product Manager to maintain and update a prioritised product backlog, using a range of inputs from data, market research, client feedback to your own judgement
- Develop new propositions for product features and enhancements, defining their objective, scope and success criteria, in line with product vision and strategy
- Apply advanced analytics techniques under guidance from senior practitioners to deliver insights from complex datasets and solve complex problems that relate to the energy transition/energy markets
- Work with a cross-functional team of highly skilled software engineers, modellers, and research analysts in continuous product delivery
- Support clients to unlock innovative and highly valuable application of the product
- Measure, analyse and report on product adoption, usage and performance
- Collaborate with other Product Analysts and Managers to build out the Product function, to share best practices and to expand the culture of Product Management throughout
- Strong interest in energy and power markets
- Bachelor’s degree and evidence of strong academic performance in a quantitative subject
- The ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Experience with at least one programming language, e.g. Python, R, Matlab, etc.
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics