As part of the leadership of our Berlin-based consulting team, you’ll play a strategically important role in further developing our high-growth and successful central European client advisory team. Applying your exemplary leadership capabilities, you will inspire, coach and develop a team of some of the most intellectually curious and analytical minds from the management consulting and energy industries.
The team has a well-earned reputation for rigorous analysis and quantification that underpins our ability to apply and clearly communicate strategic insights and independent advice to industry leaders, investors and policymakers. We support all parts of the investment cycle including strategy, market scanning, valuation and transaction support, forecasting and planning, and operational improvements. Our clients value the integrity, analytical rigour and clarity of independent thought leadership we apply to each project, helping them make major, complex, and long-term strategic decisions across traditional and emerging energy markets including renewables, hydrogen, energy storage and flexibility.
- Leadership: you’ll balance the delivery of commissioned projects with leading, coaching and inspiring teams of analysts and energy modellers such that they continuously exemplify Aurora’s values, improve their performance capability and develop to their full potential.
- Project delivery: you’ll develop a clear and detailed understanding of the client’s business and expectations, scoping projects and managing them to time and budget. You’ll also oversee multiple projects simultaneously, providing both internal and external stakeholders with the orientation they need in critical project phases and situations. You will ensure optimal delivery on clients’ expectations, including selecting the appropriate analytical approach, leading on complex problem-solving, ensuring independent, high quality, rigorous quantitative analysis, interpretation and communication of data insights.
- Developing new consulting business: you’ll independently contribute to building and deepening close client relationships, and as their trusted advisor, you are the first to whom they turn. Additionally, you will acquire new clients and projects, collaborating with internal stakeholders to respond successfully to inbound requests for proposals, by identifying opportunities through establishing and deepening client relationships and building your external profile as a thought leader within the energy ecosystem
- You’ll have considerable relevant experience from a top-tier management consultancy or relevant industry.
- You will evidence equal passion about delivering high quality analytical projects and developing your people.
- You’ll be collaborative by nature and have an empathetic leadership style that demonstrates skill in inspiring, raising performance and developing your teams.
- You’ll want to use you intellectual and analytical excellence to make real and tangible impacts that influence the complex decisions our clients need to make.
- You’ll thrive on using your personal impact to create the highest quality products for clients combining first class analytics and modelling with clear presentation of insights.
- You’ll enjoy using your experience and intellectual rigour to lead projects using advanced quantitative analysis.
- Your strong project management skills will consistently ensure the management and delivery of clients’ projects exceeds their expectations.
- You’ll have a proven track record of winning new business, both through writing compelling proposals in response to client requests, and through proactive business development.
- You speak German and English fluently (C1/C2) – please note that applications who do not fill this requirement can unfortunately not be considered
- Experience in the energy industry is highly desirable but not essential if you can demonstrate transferrable skills and experience as well as the desire to contribute to Aurora’s mission and the relevant consulting, analytical and leadership skills.
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- Additional company pension contribution
Company Benefits program including public transport subsidies, bike leasing and more
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.