Aurora’s SaaS team builds data and analytics software products that support our customers’ strategic decisions on the road to a carbon-free future. Widely adopted by leading energy companies and investors, our software combines sophisticated technology, wealth of market data and expertise, and great user experience.
We are currently looking for an entrepreneurial PPA Software Product Lead to build and execute Aurora’s PPA software product strategy.
PPAs play a critical role in enabling the expansion of renewable energy. At Aurora, we leverage our relationships, market expertise, bankable forecasts and quantitative modelling excellence to support our clients in structuring, negotiating, and signing PPA contracts, as well as their broader PPA strategy. Our offering spans software, consulting, and research.
As the PPA Software Lead, you will develop the software part of our PPA services. You will lead a cross-functional team of developers, analysts, and quants to build innovative, cutting-edge cloud-based software for pricing, comparison, and assessment of PPA deals and structures. You will work closely with Aurora’s customers to develop in-depth understanding of their needs, and you will steer the direction of the products to maximise value for the user. You will use your intricate understanding of PPAs to help guide the analytical frameworks and methodologies underpinning our tools. You will work closely with other software Product Leads, and the Head of PPAs, and you will report directly to the Digital Solutions Director.
The successful candidate will combine experience in quantitative analysis of PPA pricing and risk assessments, understanding of trading and hedging, strong track record in managing complex projects and/or products, and an entrepreneurial drive. They will work in a creative, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment. They will operate at the very forefront of the energy transition and vitally contribute to one of Aurora’s strategic priorities.
- Lead the development of Aurora’s PPA software products
- Work closely with Aurora’s Head of PPAs to drive and define Aurora’s overall PPA product vision and strategy
- Lead and coordinate the work of a cross-functional team of product analysts, developers, and quants
- Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and create new ways for our software to address them
- Vitally contribute to the development of methodologies for pricing and analysing PPAs that underpin our software
- Spread knowledge about PPAs to the wider Aurora team
- Build and maintain product roadmaps, making key decisions on feature prioritisation
- Build an effective team of junior product managers ready to assume responsibility for individual products as our offering expands
- Work closely with the commercial team to drive PPA product adoption and customer success
- Lead international expansion of our PPA products
- Min. 3 years of professional experience and a proven track record of successfully managing complex projects that require significant cross-functional coordination
- Min. 1 year of experience in a PPA-related role, especially with PPA origination and/or power trading and/or risk management; preference for experience at a utility or renewable developer or PPA analytics / marketplace
- Deep understanding of renewables and PPA market dynamics
- Ability to build relationships with key decision makers and to manage a complex stakeholder matrix
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to switch fluently between high-level strategic considerations and details of implementation
- Experience working with software development teams
- Product management experience
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience
- Experience building and leading a team
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 400 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.