We are currently looking for a PPA Advisory Lead (Senior Associate / Project Leader, Commissioned Projects), to support Aurora’s advisory services on strategic PPA and decarbonisation projects as well as on PPA transactions across Europe.
This role will be based in Aurora’s Berlin or Madrid office.
Direct green Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) play a critical role in enabling the expansion of renewable energy. At Aurora, we leverage our relationships, energy market expertise, bankable forecasts and quantitative modelling excellence to support our clients in structuring, negotiating, and signing PPA contracts, as well as their broader PPA strategy. Our offering spans software, consulting, and research.
As the PPA Advisory Lead, you will support renewable developers, investors, utilities and offtakers (corporate/industrials) in understanding European PPA markets, building their PPA strategy and advise them on end-to-end PPA transactions. You will work closely with a cross-functional Aurora PPA team of developers, analysts, commercial and quants to leverage Aurora’s PPA SaaS product offering and deep power market expertise to provide clients with cutting edge PPA advisory support. You will use your intricate understanding of PPAs to help guide the analytical frameworks and methodologies underpinning our tools and advisory services. You will work closely with the Head of PPAs and will be part of Aurora’s Commissioned Projects team.
The successful candidate will combine experience in PPA origination and market transactions, quantitative analysis of PPA pricing and risk assessments, understanding of trading and hedging, a strong track record in managing complex projects and an entrepreneurial drive. They will work in a creative, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment. They will operate at the very forefront of the energy transition and vitally contribute to one of Aurora’s strategic priorities.
- Lead Aurora’s PPA advisory services
- Work closely with Aurora’s Head of PPAs to drive and define Aurora’s overall PPA
- product vision and strategy
- Support clients (renewable developers, investors, utilities and corporate offtakers) on strategic PPA projects and end-to-end PPA transactions
- Work closely with the cross-functional Aurora PPA team, comprising of software development, analytics, and commercial / marketing to expand our footprint in the European PPA advisory space
- Build partnerships and collaborations in the market with advisors and platforms (legal, accounting, tax, trading) to broaden our PPA offering and capabilities
- Vitally contribute to the development of methodologies for pricing and analysing
- PPAs that underpin our software and offering
- Spread knowledge about PPA product and tools to the wider Aurora team
- Build an effective team of junior PPA advisors
- Support on the international expansion of our PPA products and services
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in PPA origination and/or PPA Advisory
- Proven track record of involvement in end-to-end PPA transactions (incl. PPA structuring, tendering and negotiation), for renewable developers, utilities and/or corporate offtakers across Europe
- Deep understanding of PPA pricing, structuring and risk assessments
- Deep understanding of PPA and power market economics and the renewables sector for at least 2 European countries, preferably more
- Ability to lead PPA advisory projects, manage complex and several projects at the same time
- Ability to manage clients, understanding their needs and tailoring the advisory
- support for an optimal customer experience
- Ease and comfort in engaging with a broad range of market participants in context of PPA transactions and market outreach
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team of software developers, analysts and commercial
- Experience in overseeing and working with a team of 2 to 3 analysts on a project basis
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to switch fluently between high-level strategic considerations and details of implementation
- Bringing in a network of PPA market participants (especially renewable developers and offtakers)
- Knowledge on PPA accounting, legal and tax
- Knowledge on corporate decarbonisation and integration of PPAs into power procurement
What we offer
- Opportunity to play a critical strategic role in a rapidly growing organisation
- Opportunity to work closely with senior decision makers across the renewables sector and have large impact on their decisions
- Dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- An office in the center of Berlin with a fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive remuneration
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your broader skills on understanding of energy markets, software and personal skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part- time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.