We are looking for a motivated and experienced People and Culture (P&C) Specialist to join our fast-paced P&C team. Reporting to the Senior P&C Business Partner you will be responsible for delivering a proactive and flexible HR service, driving best practice, and ensuring compliance with all company procedures and employment legislation in alignment with the Aurora culture and values. The role will be supporting Aurora offices based in Europe and also Brazil and working in close collaboration with the Office Managers and Local Leads.
You will be a pragmatic collaborator with excellent delivery, integrity, and the ability to challenge respectfully. This role requires excellent written & verbal communication, problem-solving and high attention to detail. It would suit someone with an international mindset, someone who enjoys working with colleagues in in different geographies and time zones, including the US, UK, and Australia.
We welcome someone who thrives on working at pace in a dynamic environment, someone who values quality, and who is a true team player.
The P&C team is a close-knit, fun bunch and is hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one P&C; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver P&C excellence in everything we do.
- Delivery of a first line generalist P&C advisory service, providing up to date and informed P&C guidance and support on P&C policies, processes, and systems.
- Advising on employee relation issues (including disciplinary, grievance, attendance, probation) through to an effective resolution, escalating complex cases as appropriate to the Senior P&C Business Partner.
- Supporting the visa sponsorship, coordinating visa applications for new joiners, and conducting regular employee sponsorship reviews and liaising with our outsourced immigration legal advisors.
- Assist with the development and implementation of local P&C policies and procedures and escalate any gaps based on local legislation.
- Conducting exit interviews and identifying any patterns, themes, or issues that require action or escalation.
- Supporting the P&C Assistants and Office Managers across Europe with administrative tasks such as contracts, parental leave, and references and ensuring our HR system is kept up-to-date and relevant with employee data.
- Overseeing the administration of payroll, pension and benefits tasks and managing the monthly processes in the absence of the P&C Assistant.
- Overseeing the company’s Performance & Development Review cycles; planning activities, delivering employee and line manager training, and providing guidance to the P&C Operations Coordinator on administration tasks.
- Collaborating with the relevant P&C team members on internal mobility transfers and relocations.
- Contribute to and lead P&C projects when required.
- Demonstrable experience within a generalist or Business Partnering P&C function in multinational environments.
- Experience supporting the business with employee relations activity such as absence management, capability, performance management, and investigation and disciplinary processes.
- Strong knowledge of relevant Greek legislation; particularly employment law and worker-related regulation. Knowledge of European legislation could be considered as a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships at all levels.
- A self-starter and a real team player, who can evidence using their initiative and their ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude, taking pride in delivering outstanding work.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities whilst maintaining good attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Excellent MS skills particularly MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business.
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones.
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced P&C professionals.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.