We are looking for a People & Culture (P&C) Operations Coordinator to provide effective, accurate and timely administrative support to employees at all levels throughout their employment life cycle at Aurora. Additionally, the role is responsible for reporting and analysing people data to enable more effective evidence-based decisions on improving workforce and organisational performance.
Reporting to the P&C Advisor, this is a role where you can have a big impact on the employee experience. It would suit someone looking to develop their P&C career in a dynamic and fast- growing international company.
You will thrive on juggling a variety of P&C tasks and working at pace in a very busy and growing P&C team. We are a close-knit, fun bunch and are hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one P&C; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and a shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver P&C excellence in everything we do.
- Be the main point of contact for all UK employees and new joiners, answering & responding to P&C queries about policies and procedures
- Drafting employment contracts, coordinating background verification checks, and organising and delivering onboarding training for new joiners
- Working with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure P&C are aware of any visa requirements, referrals or relocation packages required for new starters
- Taking ownership of the HRIS system, updating and maintaining employee records and being the first point of contact for any HR system queries
- Being an HRIS superuser to produce regular P&C analytics and reports
- Carrying out the administration tasks associated with payroll, pension & benefits, including the preparation of the monthly payroll input sheet for the third-party provider
- Administering the offboarding process, including arranging exit interviews, and producing global exit interview analysis and reports
- Maintaining and updating the P&C process maps and documentation and continuously looking for ways to improve processes
- Administering contractual changes such as promotions, family leave, transfers, and salary increases
- Carrying out the administration tasks associated with the company’s Performance & Development Review cycles, including updating training materials and updating the HRIS system with approved promotions and pay rises and letter administration
- Providing support to the P&C Advisor and P&C Business Partner, including note-taking in meetings, organising Occupational Health referrals, and updating processes, procedures, and policies as required
- Demonstrable experience of working in an administration role
- High level organisational and administrative skills, with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- A self-starter and a real team player, who can evidence using their initiative and their ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude, taking pride in delivering outstanding work
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and technical skills to leverage data to produce insights and reports
- Excellent MS Office skills particularly Excel. Knowledge of PowerBI is a plus
- High level of confidentiality
- Proven experience working in a P&C administration role
- CIPD qualified
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part- time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.