We are looking for a motivated and experienced People and Culture (P&C) Advisor to join our fast-paced P&C team. Reporting to the P&C Business Partner (UK & Germany) you will be responsible for delivering a proactive and flexible HR service, driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures and employment legislation in alignment with the Aurora culture and values.
Our P&C Assistant will be going on maternity leave in April 2023 until January 2024. This role will involve covering the tasks attributed to this role during this period.
You will be a pragmatic collaborator with excellent delivery, integrity and the ability to challenge respectfully. This role requires excellent written & verbal communication, problem solving and high attention to detail. It would suit someone with an international mindset, someone who enjoys working with colleagues in other global locations, including the US, UK, and Australia.
You will thrive on juggling a variety of HR tasks and working at pace in a very busy and growing P&C team. We are a close-knit, fun bunch and are hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one P&C; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and a shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver HR excellence in everything we do.
- Delivery of a first line generalist P&C advisory service, providing up to date and informed HR guidance and support on HR policies, processes and systems
- Advising on employee relation issues (including disciplinary, grievance, attendance, probation) through to an effective resolution, escalating complex cases as appropriate to the P&C Business Partner (UK & Germany).
- Supporting the visa sponsorship, coordinating visa applications for new joiners and conducting regular employee sponsorship reviews and liaising with our outsourced immigration legal advisors
- Assist with the development and implementation of local P&C policies and procedures and escalating any gaps based on local legislation
- Conducting exit interviews and identifying any patterns, themes, or issues that require action or escalation
- Supporting the P&C Assistant in Berlin with administrative tasks such as contracts, parental leave, references and ensuring our HR system is kept up to date and relevant with employee data
- Overseeing the administration of payroll, pension and benefits tasks and managing the monthly processes in the absence of the P&C Assistant
- Overseeing the company’s Performance & Development Review cycles; planning activities, delivering employee and line manager training, and providing guidance to the HR Operations Coordinator on administration tasks
- Collaborating with the relevant P&C team members on internal mobility transfers and relocations
- Contribute to and lead on HR projects when required
- Demonstrable experience within a generalist HR function in Germany
- Experience supporting the business with employee relations activity such as absence management, capability, performance management, and investigation and disciplinary processes
- Strong knowledge of relevant German legislation; particularly employment law and worker-related regulation
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships at all levels
- A self-starter and a real team player, who can evidence using their initiative and their ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude, taking pride in delivering outstanding work
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Fluency in English and German at C1 level is essential
- Excellent MS skills particularly MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Company Benefits program including public transport subsidies, bike leasing and more
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility including part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.