- Berlin office
- Permanent full-time
We are looking for an Operations Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the internal operations of the Berlin office. You will manage a team and will work as a key member of the Berlin management team, playing a critical role in supporting the implementation of the firm’s strategic plans.
The successful candidate will be a proven manager and business operator but will also have experience of managing change and implementing new solutions. With a proven track record of operational excellence, the successful applicant will drive best practice, consistency, and high levels of performance across the business. They will implement new processes that contribute toward the efficient operation and growth of the business.
This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and to work within an interesting and dynamic environment. With a track record of rapid growth, Aurora’s Berlin office will continue this trajectory, and the Operations team is expected to grow simultaneously which will bring new challenges along the way. Furthermore, continuing the success of setting up new offices in other countries, will be an opportunity to learn and support our progress into additional international markets.
- Risk management, including quality assurance
- People management, including hiring, training and performance
- Internal efficiency including process design, management and coordination
- Ensure effective project start-up and integration through effective stakeholder engagement
- Regular reporting/ updates to senior management
- Identify key priorities and manage workflow
- Leadership, mentoring and development of operations team members
- Overseeing office/supplier management
- Working in an international business
- Overseeing and providing data for the monthly payroll of the Berlin office
- At least three years’ relevant experience across multiple roles, potentially but not necessarily in project management, finance, consulting, start-ups, or other relevant industry
- Proven track record showing high performance, initiative, and leadership
- Self-starter who sees what needs to get done and does it, delegating and drawing in others where necessary
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to summarise data into management information
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities, deadlines and demands
- Strong commercial and financial awareness with working knowledge and experience with contracts and contract negotiations
- Experience of project management/continuous improvement with solutions-based thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remain motivated
- Very good knowledge (C1 level) of both German and English is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office suite of services (particularly advanced Excel knowledge would be advantageous)
- Good knowledge of German employment law is desirable
- Experience of working with an HCM system and/or ERP system is desirable
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements and are interested, please still apply and let us know your motivations.
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued development of a successful and thriving operations team in a fast-paced and exciting industry
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- Internal further education offers and development perspectives with great creative freedom for your ideas and your commitment
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics