Do you want the opportunity to lead operational growth on an international scale?
Would you like to work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating business at the heart of the transition to low-carbon electricity?
Aurora has an exciting opportunity to join our fast paced, growing company as the Operations Manager for the Asia-Pacific region. In this brand-new role, you will be working closely with senior operational stakeholders within the business including the Managing Director of the Asia-Pacific region. The role will formally report into the Global Head of Operations and will have responsibility for planning and delivering the setup of business operations for Aurora’s new market ventures and entities in the Asia-Pacific region. Starting with entry into Japan, you will be responsible for all incorporation activities along with setting up an office in Tokyo, ensuring the end-to-end operations in the new location are fit for purpose, best practice, and enable the new local team to develop.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to think bigger picture but at the same time you are not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get involved in the day-to-day operational work. In addition, you will need to be super organised, efficient and have great attention to detail.
We’re looking for a high energy, results driven individual with strong generalist experience across all aspects of business operations set-up and delivery in an international business. You will know what good looks like and be able to shape initiatives that balance best practice with commercial and cultural requirements. The role has significant growth opportunities, as the company intends to expand rapidly over the next 24 months into growing Asian electricity markets. It is expected this role will develop into a senior leadership role, responsible for scaling the Asia-Pacific operational functions and teams across multiple countries.
- Own and drive the setup of new market entry and entity setups for the Asia-Pacific region, including but not limited to all areas of HR, finance, legal and business support, coordinating with central operations functions as required
- Familiarisation with local corporate, financial and employment practices, researching and supporting the appointment of local law partners (as needed), developing local terms of employment, HR documentation, financial reporting, and tax filings etc.
- Develop and execute a new market entry candidate attraction and recruitment plan to include:
- Identifying local candidate attraction channels and recruitment agencies to support with first critical hires
- Negotiating vendor terms and where relevant global agreements
- Driving consistencies in recruitment operational practices across all Asia-Pacific sites
- Benchmark compensation and benefits/talent mapping and to recruit for new market entries in the Asia-Pacific region
- New starter setup and onboarding, including setup of local payroll processes and integration with central HR and finance processes and reporting
- Research immigration requirements and work with immigration partner to obtain necessary visas as required
- Building local Office Manager capability around the Aurora culture, HR, recruitment, finance, and legal operating standards
- Significant operational experience including but not limited to areas of HR, finance, legal and business administration, ideally within a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Experience working across different international jurisdictions – familiarisation with international immigration and recruitment practices
- Strong content experience of best practice across operations, recruitment, and talent management
- Excellent commercial acumen and judgement
- Must be able to hit the ground running – a self-starter, comfortable using their initiative and working autonomously
- Outstanding communication skills – articulate, confident, able to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
- Able to think strategically while managing day to day activities hands on
- Strong project management skills – responsive and delivery driven; well organised and methodical approach
- Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Educated to degree level
- Experience scaling and growing businesses across South-East Asia or Japan would be highly valued
- Language skills relevant to South-East Asia would also be highly valued
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing international business
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating and demanding yet supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our in-house learning and development programme, and a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.