This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive and enthusiastic Operations Assistant who is a team player and has excellent time management skills to join a fast-growing, global company.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the day-to-day operations of the office, providing diary support to the MD, supporting the smooth running of the office, and organizing conferences and events. The role will suit a self-starter who can work independently and who thrives on juggling a busy workload in a fast-paced environment. You will do this while also executing tasks with high attention to detail and professionalism.
If you have an international mindset, enjoy working with colleagues in other global locations, including the US and Europe and as part of a close-knit, fun and hugely supportive Global Operations team, this might be the career move for you.
- First point of contact for the business, regularly liaising with clients and business guests
- Organising and managing a complex schedule of meeting and diary requirements for the
- Managing Director and diary support for senior management when needed
- Arranging conferences, workshops, and other events – virtually, in house and on off-site locations
- Arranging employee travel and accommodation as needed
- Liaising with landlord’s agent and external contractors to rectify any building related issues
- Purchase of office consumables, maintaining function and cleanliness of office
- Meeting preparation including meeting room setup, printing, and management
- General administration to support the day-to-day function of the office
- Provide ad hoc support to the global operations team
- Relevant experience across multiple administrative roles, potentially but not necessarily in project management, finance, consulting, start-ups, or other relevant industry track
- Attention to detail, excellent coordination, time management and organisational skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Adept at managing a varied workload with the ability to multi-task and re-prioritise in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to use initiative, forward think and work under pressure, with a willingness to proactively take on new tasks
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Outlook (diary management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
- Experience with spreadsheets and database management
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing international business
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating and demanding yet supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Bondi Junction with coffee, fruit and snacks available
- Competitive salary package
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.