The Operations Assistant is responsible for providing a wide range of Operational support in a fast paced and changing environment. Reporting to the Operations Manager for Western Europe, you will proactively assist the operations function to continuously improve the business capabilities and operational processes.
You will support the Operations department, maintain administrative procedures; recommend changes as appropriate, and maintain the Operational record-keeping systems. You should be able to work independently and be flexible to changing deadlines. The Operations Assistant should be capable of dealing with people at all levels. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, together with excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Welcoming all visitors to Aurora and keeping waiting times to a minimum.
- Maintaining a tidy and orderly area which is always ready for use.
- Setting up for external visitors (clients, interviewees, contractors etc.): providing passes, preparing rooms etc.
- Setting up and clearing conference rooms and ordering catering where required
- Answering calls and directing them accordingly as well as taking messages expeditiously and politely
- Answering queries received in the ‘contact us’ Inbox.
- Setting up for new starters – office tours, access passes, locker keys etc.
- Receiving and signing for deliveries
- Maintaining telephone lists for all Operations staff
- Maintaining “Contact us” Inbox.
- Liaise with the building management company & external contractors (incl. cleaners)
- Regular office walk-though and maintenance of snag list
- Reporting and following up on premises issues
- ordering, receipting, stock count etc.
- Operations team assistant duties for the wider company, including diary Management across several different time zones, client meetings.
- Supporting the EA and Ops Manager with administrative jobs and internal events
- Provide ad hoc admin support to the Operations team as required.
- Liaise with other departments and offices where required on behalf of the Ops team.
- Organisation of travel arrangements incl. hotels, taxis, and restaurants etc.
- Organising events, functions, and conferences.
- Preparing reports and putting together PP presentations when required.
- Maintaining access pass data base.
Health and Safety:
- Appointing and arranging training for first aiders and fire marshals
- Incident reporting
- Maintaining required office signage
- Strive for “0-harm” office environment.
- A self-starter who can work with minimum supervision and hit the ground running.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Resourceful and tenacious in approach to problem solving.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Versatility, ambition & a desire to be challenged.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with high-level executives.
- Flawless attention to detail and a professional etiquette
- Experience in an administration, customer service, project management or events management role.
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing international business.
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the center of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package.
- Yearly pay reviews.
- Generous Pension scheme.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.