Aurora’s international presence is growing at a rapid pace! We are looking for a best-in-class Office Manager with an additional flair in HR and accounts who is looking for a role that is highly visible and critical to the growth of our Stockholm office.
Your primary function as Office Manager will be to set up and oversee the internal operations of the Stockholm office. You will partner closely with the wider global Operations department and Operational leadership team, playing a significant role in supporting the implementation of the firm’s strategic plans. You will establish all local HR policies, procedures, and benefits, recruit new employees and manage all aspects of the Office, HR and accounting.
The successful candidate will be a proven manager and business operator but will also have experience of managing change, dealing with ambiguity and implementing new solutions.
With a proven track record of operational excellence, you will have the gravitas, skills and executive presence to drive best practice, consistency, and high levels of performance across the business.
- First point of contact for the business, regularly liaising with clients and business guests
- Management reporting, including financial & HR reporting, producing month end operational reports
- Manage and coordinate all HR, payroll, recruitment and onboarding activities
- Establish and administer relevant local benefits
- Manage all internal & global mobility into and out of the local office
- Manage all immigration matters
- IT & equipment support, creating new user system accounts and equipment setup for new joiners
- Company governance, including ensuring compliance with all company and client statutory, privacy and security protocols and obligations
- Oversee and maintain office efficiency by maintaining appearance and uninterrupted function of common areas and office equipment, coordinating all facilities requirements, including responsibility for health and safety measures
- Manage all aspects of the office’s space/infrastructure planning (including but not limited to office moves and changes to desk/workstation layout) providing solutions as needed
- Identify and fulfil office supply needs, cultivating, and managing supplier relationships
- Ad hoc support to all areas of the business as needed
- Proven relevant experience across multiple roles, potentially but not necessarily in project management, finance, consulting, start-ups, or other relevant industry track
- A track record of high performance, initiative, and leadership
- Self-starter who sees what needs to get done and does it, delegating and drawing in others where necessary
- Strong analytical skills and ability to summarise data into Management Information
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities, deadlines and demands
- Strong local HR, commercial and financial awareness, with working knowledge and experience with contracts and contract negotiations
- Experience of project management / continuous improvement with solutions-based thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remain motivated
- Very good knowledge (C1 level) of both Swedish and English is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Good knowledge of Swedish employment law
- Good knowledge of local accountancy and financial processes
- Experience of working with an ERP system
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.