Aurora’s mission is to provide data-driven intelligence to support the energy transition. To support this mission, we are looking for a proactive Office Manager to help lead our newest office in Paris, France.
An organised and competent professional with strong communication skills, undertaking a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks, you will be confident dealing with individuals at all levels and have the ability to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
A computer literate self-starter who can use their initiative, you will be used to multitasking and managing multiple diaries. You have the ability to work well both on your own and as part of a team, with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction. The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficient, adding maximum value to the Paris office. Previous experience working within an Operations or Finance Department would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a dynamic and innovative environment, where individuals thrive on change.
- First point of contact for the business, regularly liaising with clients and business guests
- Complex diary management and travel arrangement support for the Paris team
- Day to day office management, including managing all office supplies and developing effective relationships with all suppliers
- Support with the preparation and coordination of commercial documentation
- Management reporting, including financial reporting, producing month end operational reports
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment and onboarding activities for the Paris team
- IT & equipment support, creating new user system accounts and equipment setup for new joiners
- Company governance, including ensuring compliance with all company and client statutory, privacy and security protocols and obligations
- Support to all areas of the business and consultants
- At least three years’ relevant experience across multiple administrative roles, potentially but not necessarily in project management, finance, consulting, start-ups, or other relevant industry track
- Attention to detail, excellent coordination, time management and organisational skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Adept at managing a varied workload with the ability to multi-task and re-prioritise in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to use initiative, forward think and work under pressure, with a willingness to proactively take on new tasks
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Outlook (diary management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in English
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in French (essential)
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
- Experience with spreadsheets, database management, or financial reporting
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing international business with a strong mission
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.