Aurora’s mission is to provide data-driven intelligence to support the energy transition. To support this mission, we are looking for a proactive Office Manager to help lead our newest office in Oakland/Berkeley, California.
An organized and competent professional with strong communication skills, undertaking a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks, you will be confident dealing with individuals at all levels and have the ability to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed. A computer literate self-starter who can use their initiative, you will be used to multitasking and managing multiple diaries. You have the ability to work well both on your own and as part of a team, with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction. The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficient, adding maximum value to the California office. Previous experience working within an Operations or Finance Department would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a dynamic and innovative environment, where individuals thrive on change.
- First point of contact for the business, regularly liaising with clients and business guests
- Complex calendar management and travel arrangement support for the team
- Day to day office management, including managing all office supplies and developing effective relationships with all suppliers
- Assist and support Commercial Team with Salesforce CRM maintenance and preparation and coordination of commercial documentation
- Management reporting and presentations, including financial reporting, producing month end operational reports
- Assist and support the HR and Operations teams with a variety of projects and tasks
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment and onboarding activities for the team
- IT & equipment support, creating new user system accounts and equipment setup for new joiners
- Company governance, including ensuring compliance with all company and client privacy and security protocols
- Support to all areas of the business and consultants
- At least three years’ relevant experience across multiple administrative roles, potentially but not necessarily in project management, finance, consulting, start-ups, or other relevant industry track
- Attention to detail, excellent coordination, time management and organisational skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Adept at managing a varied workload with the ability to multi-task and re-prioritise in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to use initiative, forward think and work under pressure, with a willingness to proactively take on new tasks
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Outlook (calendar management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
- Experience with spreadsheets, database management, or financial reporting
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing international business with a strong mission
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating and demanding yet supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics