We are looking for someone to join our fun, supportive and busy international team in Berlin. As the Office Assistant (referred to as Operations Assistant internally) you’ll be integral to the office being run smoothly and efficiently. You’ll also provide support to our Berlin Management team making sure they are always in the right place at the right time and have everything they need.
Reporting to our Operations Manager, the role would suit someone who is bilingual in English & German, very organised with a proactive, ‘get it done‘ mindset, someone who enjoys a busy and varied role with scope to make it their own.
- Providing all-round support to the Berlin Management team, managing diaries, organising and booking travel, meetings and itineraries, and submitting expenses
- Maintaining office stationery, business cards and office supplies
- Managing relationships with our suppliers
- Dealing with our landlord’s agent and external contractors to act on and resolve any building management and maintenance work
- Supporting our Office Manager with projects, office administration and develop operational process maps
- Helping to organise staff social events, Christmas dinners and parties
- Assisting with new joiners, onboarding and off-boarding
- Supporting the Operations team and Assistants as & when needed
- Able to speak and write in both German (C1 level) and English (C1) is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- A self-starter, with a positive, can-do attitude, able to juggle a variety of tasks at any one time
- Passionate about team work but able to work independently too
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent MS skills particularly Outlook (diary management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Strong written and verbal communication
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements below and are interested, please still apply and let us know your motivations.
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The chance to influence key decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- A competitive salary package
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.