This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a new business area within a highly-successful and rapidly-expanding global energy analytics business. Together with our Head of USA, you will critically influence our service development and build a successful team with a strong culture and efficient processes and systems.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader – with an exemplary track record of success in team environments – combining a focused business development mindset, superior communication and relationship management skills, and have a high interest in energy markets. While we value self-starters who are capable of working independently, we also offer a supportive environment and mentorship to help new joiners get up to learn and thrive. No candidate will excel at everything from day one – we encourage applications from smart, hardworking candidates who are eager to learn and can grow into the role. The position offers excellent career progression opportunities.
- Team management – create a positive work culture and provide mentorship and development opportunities for the team
- Research program oversight – define research agenda and work with your team to deliver compelling insights to clients
- Project management – scope and deliver consulting projects for a wide range of clients, including investors, lenders, utilities, independent power producers, and Government
- Relationship building and business development – lead engagement with clients, be a public face of Aurora at events and conferences, and communicate research to senior stakeholders in industry and Government
- Strong analytical capabilities, in business, economics, engineering or similar
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Proven experience of building and leading teams of talented, technically-minded analysts
- Strong team player, with a track record of success in team environments
- Results-driven, with a high degree of persistence in reaching goals and a hands-on approach to ensuring targets are achieved
- Proven experience in business development and/or client relationship management is a plus
- Enthusiasm for energy markets/technologies; previous professional exposure to energy and power markets and renewables is preferable
What we offer
- A leadership role within a rapidly growing part of our business with substantial career advancement potential
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
Aurora values diversity and is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.