Based in Berkeley/ Oakland, you will work closely with Aurora’s CEO and MD of CAISO to establish the firm’s presence in California. You will play the key leadership role in establishing our CAISO practice, across both subscription and consulting service lines, and in leading Aurora’s rapidly growing Berkeley/ Oakland office.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a business area from scratch within a highly-successful and rapidly-expanding global energy analytics business. You will initially report directly to MD of CAISO (although ultimately you will report directly to Aurora’s North American MD) and together you will jointly develop our market entry strategy, critically influence our product and service development, and build a successful organization with strong culture and efficient processes and systems. The position offers excellent career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a very strong leader – with an exemplary track record of success in team environments – combining a focussed business development mindset, superior communication and relationship management skills, and have a high interest in and good understanding of energy markets.
- Leadership – run all aspects of the US business from market entry strategy through to execution, working closely with MD CAISO
- Business development – set and meet targets for revenue growth across consulting and subscription business, and boost our profile in the USA
- Relationship building – lead engagement with clients, be the public face of Aurora at events and conferences, and communicate research to senior stakeholders in industry and Government
- Project management – scope and deliver consulting projects for a wide range of clients, including investors, lenders, utilities, independent power producers, and Government
- Research program management – define research agenda and work with team to deliver compelling insights to clients
- Resource management – define budget, manage revenues and costs, and work with the team to ensure delivery to timescale and to high quality standards
- Team management – create a positive work culture and provide mentorship and development opportunities for the team
- Proven experience of building and leading teams of talented, technically-minded analysts
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong team player, with a track record of success in team environments
- Results-driven, with a high degree of persistence in reaching goals and a hands-on approach to ensuring targets are achieved
- Proven experience in business development and/or client relationship management
- Enthusiasm for and good knowledge of energy markets/technologies
- Strong analytical capabilities, in business, economics, engineering or similar
- Previous professional exposure to energy and power markets and renewables
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics