Due to rapid global growth, Aurora has a newly created senior level career opportunity for a Market Lead to establish & shape the future direction of our Brazilian market. Based in São Paulo (with a few months in Madrid while the Brazilian entity is set up), you will play the key leadership role in in establishing our practice, across all service lines including subscription, consulting and software solutions.
Reporting directly to Aurora’s Head of Iberia and Latin America, you will jointly develop our market entry strategy, critically influence our product and service development, and build a successful team with strong culture and efficient operational processes and systems.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader – with an exemplary track record of success in team environments – combining a focussed business development mindset, with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
While we value self-starters who are capable of working independently, we also offer a supportive environment and mentorship to help new joiners to learn and thrive. We encourage applications from smart, hard-working candidates who are eager to learn and can grow into the role.
- Research program oversight – define research agenda and work with your team to deliver compelling insights to clients
- Relationship building – lead engagement with clients and communicate with senior stakeholders in industry and Government
- Team management – create a positive work culture and provide mentorship and development opportunities for the team
- Resource management – define budget, manage revenues and costs, and work with the team to ensure delivery to timescale and to high quality standards
- Business development – set and meet targets for revenue growth in consulting and
- boost Aurora’s profile in Brazil
- Project management – scope and deliver consulting projects for a wide range of clients, including investors, lenders, utilities, independent power producers, and Government
- Proven experience of building and leading teams of talented, technically minded analysts
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Strong team player, with a track record of success in team environments
- Results-driven, with a high degree of persistence in reaching goals and a hands-on approach to ensuring targets are achieved
- Proven experience in business development and/or client relationship management
- Enthusiasm for and good knowledge of energy markets/technologies; previous professional exposure to energy and power markets and renewables is preferable
- Strong analytical capabilities, in business, economics, engineering or similar
- Written and spoken fluency in Portuguese (C2 level)
- Proficiency in English (C1 level)
What we offer
- A leadership role within a rapidly growing part of our business with substantial career advancement potential
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part- time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.