Our global HR team is expanding! In this newly created role, you will work closely with the L&D Manager to coordinate and manage the administration of a range of learning and development activities and projects.
You will also be the first point of contact for all learning and development queries, uploading the uploading of the training workshops on to our learning management system, marketing the offerings and managing attendance lists.
The role would suit a well organised individual who has excellent attention to detail and who enjoys spinning several plates at once.
HR is a close-knit, fun bunch and is hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one HR; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and a shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver HR excellence in everything we do.
- Responsible for booking, organising and marketing all L&D activities
- Send L&D invitations, track attendance and travel, and other program details
- Manage the evaluation and feedback process, including L&D program debriefs
- Carefully track expenditure and invoice approvals
- Research and budget costs for internal and external training courses
- Ensure mandatory courses are executed and attended within outlined timeframes
- Facilitate internal training programs, manage the pool of internal trainers & associated assets
- Coordinate production of digital and printed L&D materials, including podcasts, eLearning, videos
- Contribute creative ideas and suggest new initiatives or areas of improvement.
- Support for the creation of regular reports to leadership
- Other ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
- A Level equivalent or above and/or 1-2 years of proven work experience working in L&D planning, coordination, and administration
- Fluency in English and Greek at C1 level is essential
- Experience of working in a busy environment & managing multiple priorities
- Ability to clean up and analyse data and present insights in a way that tells a story
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service, stakeholder, and supplier relationships
- Has excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Is a self-starter mindset and able to proactively identify opportunities to improve solutions and ways of working
- Excellent MS skills particularly Outlook (diary management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Athens with coffee, fruit, and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.