We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Technician to maintain, support and enhance the IT offering of this highly successful energy analytics consultancy. To be successful in this role you will need to provide high quality support to our users, ensure that our systems are properly administered and develop on existing infrastructure and processes. You will play a vital role in onboarding new starters and will be a friendly and approachable member of the IT team.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users internally and externally.
You should be able to work independently and be flexible to changing deadlines. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this dynamic role together with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
We are looking for someone who has a high attention to detail and can hit the ground running. This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and to work within an innovative and growing SME.
- A core component of this role will be to perform desk-side and remote user support, including end-user troubleshooting, laptop repair, application support and user onboarding and offboarding.
- Deploy and administer user software and systems including Office 365, OneDrive/SharePoint, anti-virus software and video conferencing tools.
- Manage, deploy and configure upgrades, software updates, and security patches.
- Ownership of user onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Support large company calls using Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Monitor and maintain video conferencing equipment and network devices.
- Develop the UK Head Office’s IT infrastructure, systems and policies to support the continued growth of the company.
- Provide regular reporting capabilities to the Head of IT and wider business, communicating project status, activities, and achievements.
- Support and develop seamless communications and relationships across the UK office, international offices, and external suppliers.
- Provide a helping hand with ad-hoc operational tasks, including office moves and occasional furniture building.
- Office 365 administration and app support
- Windows 10/11 setup, configuration and support
- Purchasing, provisioning and installing computer hardware.
- Be a self-motivated individual and team player.
- Excellent time management, administration and organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to work, positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to proactively take on new tasks.
- Ability to use initiative, forward think and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, to deadlines, managing conflicting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels.
- A desire to progress within IT and develop technical skills.
- Azure AD, Intune and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Microsoft Teams administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Sophos AV and VPN
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and wireless
- Microsoft / IT Support qualifications, understanding of the ITIL framework and awareness of GDPR
- Experience of using Ticketing Systems (Jira Service Desk)
- Experience creating knowledgebase articles and documenting processes.
What we offer
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- State your earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.