Aurora is a fast growing tech-heavy global business, and we’re looking for an IT Manager or Head of IT to lead our internal IT capability to provide an exceptional service across all of our offices. In this role, you will be responsible for all internal IT infrastructure and setting the IT strategy and roadmap to deliver a scalable, efficient and high quality IT service.
You will have a proven track record for leading an IT team in a medium-sized, multi-site business, and delivering a first-rate quality-of-service, using efficient, scalable and secure practices.
The successful candidate will work in a creative and intellectually stimulating environment. You will enjoy autonomy, and the opportunity to have a significant impact on Aurora’s digital strategy, ensuring that our IT capability meet the needs of this very fast growing, data heavy business.
- Define and maintain the internal IT strategy and roadmap to support the needs of the business as it grows.
- Lead, develop and scale the global IT organisation to provide an exceptional service across all of Aurora’s staff and offices.
- Project Manage internal IT projects to ensure they are effective, timely and under control.
- Improve scalability, efficiency and quality (e.g. through automation, simplification, improved tooling).
- Ensure all IT infrastructure (e.g. VC equipment, networks, firewalls, VPNs, AWS servers, storage, laptops) are reliable, secure, scalable and cost effective.
- Manage and secure our third-party software (cloud services + locally installed).
- Line Manage our IT team and play a key role in helping the team to develop.
- Managed third-party IT suppliers around the world to provide high-quality, cost-effective IT support globally.
- Drive security best practices throughout IT and align with Aurora wide security practices and compliance.
- Manage financial forecast, optimise IT budgets, and define business cases where needed.
- A track record for successfully leading and scaling an IT function in a medium sized business with multiple offices (preferably in multiple countries).
- Have a passion for service-excellence and delighting our internal staff with an IT capability which is highly reliable and helps them to work more efficiently.
- Delivery oriented and happy to role-up your sleeves to get things done.
- Significant experience leading IT staff and enjoys helping people to develop.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer
- Play a key role in setting the digital strategy for our internal systems in a fast-growing global business.
- Working as part of a fun, friendly and fast-growing organisation which is helping to support the global energy transition.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.