Are you looking to kickstart your career in the clean energy industry? Do you want to play an active role in our business by conducting analysis, creating insights, and communicating these to our clients and the wider market?
If yes, then come join us to contribute to Aurora’s mission of providing strategic analysis and conveying insights on the global energy transition to create a cleaner, more efficient energy system.
You would join our team full-time for 4 to 6 months starting as soon as possible. We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in electricity markets, energy transition, and data analytics. You will work in a dynamic, fast thinking and supportive environment. The position suits recent graduates, or current master’s or PhD students who want to complete an industry placement.
The scope of this role will focus on the French power market. The French power market is undergoing a fundamental transformation as it moves to decarbonise its economy through electrification and growth in low carbon generation sources such as renewables, nuclear and hydrogen. This transition has profound implications for utilities, project developers, investors and supply chain companies – in terms of the financial returns for existing assets, as prospects for new investment. The market is constantly evolving through policy and regulatory reforms as well as the emergence of new business models.
Aurora has developed a market leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to players across the French and wider European power market – helping to shine a light on developments across the power market and industry. Our services comprise a core French Power Market Service, plus dedicated services for French Renewables and European Ancillary markets. Together these provide insights on the development of the French power market and implications for a range of power assets, as well as for policy and strategy. Many companies access these services, representing the vast majority of existing generation capacity in the market and projects in development.
Based in Paris, the French intern will report to the French product manager and work within Aurora’s larger Research and Publications team.
- Research into French power market, regulation, and policy
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- A demonstrated interest in energy markets
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A fast learner with Excel skills or competency or interest in common programming languages (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB)
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Native or professional-level competence in English and French
- A master’s degree from a top engineering, university (economics or statistics major), grande école in France and/or abroad
What we offer
- The opportunity to influence major decisions in the French energy sector
- The opportunity to acquire industry and functional (analytical tools, data analysis etc) expertise
- Exciting variety of work streams and training opportunities
- A fun, informal and international work culture in our new Paris office
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing company in which you will be given the opportunity to explore and evolve into different roles (research, consulting, software development, modelling, commercial, management)
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.