Are you looking to kickstart your career in the energy industry? Do you want to play an active role in our business by conducting analysis, creating insights, and communicating these to our clients and the wider market?
If yes, then come join us to contribute to Aurora’s mission of providing strategic analysis and conveying insights on the global energy transition to create a cleaner, more efficient energy system.
You would join our team full-time for 4 to 6 months starting as soon as possible. We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in clean hydrogen, energy, renewables, and data analytics. You will work in a dynamic, fast thinking and supportive environment. The position suits recent graduates, or current Masters or PhD students who want to complete an industry placement.
The scope of this role will focus on European Hydrogen markets. Low carbon hydrogen is quickly gaining interest from policymakers and industry as a vehicle to decarbonise hard to abate sectors such as industry, transportation, and heating. There are also huge synergies between hydrogen and power markets, with hydrogen potentially playing a role in balancing renewable generation as we decarbonise power systems across Europe.
Aurora has launched its European Hydrogen research service to complement our existing power and commodities services, which provides regular insights to energy players, investors, and government. As part of this, Aurora has developed a market-leading hydrogen modelling suite, which has been used to undertake several major studies into hydrogen market developments surrounding pricing, demand, transport, and the interplay between the hydrogen and power markets. Lastly, Aurora is providing bespoke analysis to clients through consultancy projects.
Based in Oxford, the hydrogen intern will report to the hydrogen product manager and work within Aurora’s larger Research and Publications team.
- Research into European and global hydrogen market trends, technology, and policy
- Collect data on market developments and creating data-driven insights for Aurora’s clients
- Analyse the entire hydrogen value chain from production, transport, storage, and consumption
- Help maintain Aurora’s global hydrogen electrolyser database
- Prepare analytical reports and presentations for clients and external events, and assist with communicating findings
- Conduct bespoke hydrogen analysis for hydrogen consultancy projects
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Strong quantitative background and/or a demonstrated interest in hydrogen, energy technology or energy markets
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- A fast learner with Excel skills or competency or interest in common programming languages (e.g. python, MATLAB)
- Native or professional-level competence in English
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops, and webinars
- The opportunity to acquire industry and functional (analytical tools, data analyses, etc.) expertise
- Exciting variety of work streams and training opportunities
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics