Joining our Stockholm office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
You would join our team full-time for 8-12 weeks. Positions are available in both our Research & Publications sand Advisory teams.
You will work in a dynamic, fast thinking and supportive environment. The position suits current students of bachelor’s or master’s programs. High-performing interns will be given the opportunity to join Aurora full-time after graduation. There are also opportunities to collaborate with us for master’s or doctoral theses.
- You would join one of our “live” project teams as a temporary member, and, under close guidance of an experienced colleague, either contribute to economic analyses for our subscriber base or to bespoke advisory work for our consulting clients. This can include:
- Researching regulation and data and translating findings into quantitative approaches.
- Producing valuations of power generation or storage assets using Aurora’s in-house models.
- Providing strategic analysis of energy sector business challenges, supported by quantitative research and modelling.
- Producing written and orally delivered presentations of the key insights derived from analysis.
- University students of either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments; or
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis.
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Team players who take an interest in what happens in the world around them.
- Enthusiasm for energy markets; previous professional or academic exposure to energy would be beneficial.
- Very good knowledge of English; Proficiency in a Scandinavian or a Baltic language or Finnish is a plus.
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating and supportive environment.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.