Based in Oxford, you will contribute to our energy modelling efforts by developing analytical and computational tools, enhancing our modelling methodology, analysing data, formulating recommendations on future trends, and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making.
- Develop and maintain Aurora’s suite of energy market models
- Work closely with our research and consulting teams to derive insights from model results
- Currently undertaking or recent graduate in relevant degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative field from a top university
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Knowledge of Python programming language
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun and international work culture
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.