We are looking for an HR Manager to manage the day-to-day HR activities for our Berlin
office. Additionally, you will proactively identify ways to improve local HR processes,
focusing on creating efficiencies and aligning to corporate practice.
Supported by an HR Assistant and an HR intern, the role would suit someone who is fluent
in English and German, thrives in a very busy environment, and enjoys spinning multiple
plates amidst conflicting business priorities.
You will hit the ground running, have the stamina and resilience to simultaneously deliver on
HR business as usual and use your stakeholder influence to take HR to the next level.
Although we work hard, we play hard too, and have a lot of fun along the way. HR is closeknit
and hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one HR; one team’, we strive
to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and shared
responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver
HR excellence in everything we do.
- Act as the HR point of contact for team and department heads
- Manage all recruitment for the Berlin office, ensuring an excellent hiring manager
and candidate experience
- With the support of internal business stakeholders, oversee graduate recruitment
planning and execution from attraction, selection, onboarding, and the ongoing
management of the Graduate Programme (e.g., performance reviews, and rotations
- Ensure an efficient and timely onboarding for new starters, including coordination
with all relevant internal stakeholders, carrying out background verification checks,
issuing contracts, pre-joining and post-joining communications, scheduling
- Ensure efficient and timely employee off-boarding including arranging and
conducting exit interviews, termination letters,
- Maintain the HRIS platform, making sure it is up-to-date and accurate at all times
- Run the monthly payroll process
- Manage all HR-related vendors
- Support the annual performance review process.
- Provide monthly HR-related data to central HR
- Degree educated or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in English and German at C1 level is essential
- Proven generalist HR & recruitment experience in the German markets, EMEA
experience is a plus
- Good understanding of German recruitment/employment law
- Proven experience in owning and executing HR projects with the ability to prioritize
- Self-motivation & resilience, able to make informed and robust decisions and
influence key business heads accordingly
- Excellent attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills with
the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Enjoys working within a strong team environment & a real passion and enthusiasm
for HR & recruitment
- Professional HR Qualifications
What we offer
- A range of benefits including the opportunity to work flexibly, private company
pension, JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from
experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of
opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following
types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time
hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the
flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive
unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or
belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.