The role of the Human Resources Assistant is to provide efficient, confident, customer-focused, and proactive admin support to employees at all levels throughout their employment life cycle at Aurora, with a particular emphasis on supporting HR operational delivery.
Reporting to the HR Manager, this is a role where you can have a big impact on the employee experience. It would suit someone with an international mindset, someone who enjoys working with colleagues in other global locations, including the US, Europe, and Australia.
You will thrive on juggling a variety of HR tasks and working at pace in a very busy and growing HR team. We are a close-knit, fun bunch and are hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one HR; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver HR excellence in everything we do.
- Being the first point of contact for all HR & recruitment related queries for both employees and external candidates
- Completing regular audits and maintaining job descriptions
- Creating job adverts, posting & removing job adverts from our careers site, LinkedIn and job boards
- Organising candidates in the Application Tracking System (ATS) and ensuring the ATS is always up to date
- Scheduling all candidate interviews and managing the administration of interview feedback.
- Coordinating and implementing candidate experience surveys, analysing feedback and producing reports
- Organising our employee referral process & coordinating bonus payments with payroll
- Providing additional administration support for the team, including issuing contracts of employment, contract changes, pre-employment screening and new starter inductions
- Liaising with the HR team to ensure offer letters and employment contracts are drafted, approved and sent to candidates and returned for HR records
- Ensuring all relevant stakeholders are informed of all internal moves, new starters, visa requirements or relocation packages
- Support with reporting and analytics, e.g., recruitment spend, time to fill, offers stats etc
- Update and maintain employee records on IrisHR, the organisational charts, manage holidays & sickness records
- Support with payroll, pension & benefits administration, promotions, salary increases
- Administer the exit process, including arranging exit interviews, and producing exit interview analysis and reports
- Fluency in English and German at C1 level is essential
- Degree educated or equivalent experience. 1-2 years of proven experience working in an HR, recruitment or Operations team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- A self-starter and a real team player, who can evidence using their initiative and their ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude, taking pride in delivering outstanding work
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Excellent MS skills particularly Outlook (diary management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The chance to influence key decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- A competitive salary package
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.