We are looking for a Human Resources Assistant to provide an efficient, confident, customer-focused and proactive admin support to employees at all levels throughout their employment life cycle at Aurora, with a particular emphasis on supporting HR operational delivery. Reporting to the HR Manager, this is a role where you can have a big impact on the employee experience. It would suit someone with an international mindset, someone who enjoys working with colleagues in other global locations, including the US, Europe and Australia.
You will thrive on juggling a variety of HR tasks and working at pace in a very busy and growing HR team. We are a close-knit, fun bunch and are hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one HR; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and a shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver HR excellence in everything we do.
- Be the main point of contact for all employees and new joiners, answering & responding to HR queries
- Assist the recruitment teams in the pre-boarding and onboarding phase for new hires, drafting offer letters & employment contracts. Create, distribute, and report on new starter survey results
- Update and maintain employee records on IrisHR, the organisational charts, manage holidays & sickness records
- Carry out the administration task associated with payroll, pension & benefits
- Support and coordinate the company’s performance review cycles, booking the review meetings, delivering training, preparing and updating the HR system, coordinating employee data
- Administer the exit process, including arranging exit interviews, and producing global exit interview analysis and reports
- Administer variations in employment contracts including promotions, salary increases
- Produce regular HR analytics and reports
- Support and coordinate the company’s performance review cycles, and awards
- Working with the recruitment function to ensure HR are aware of any visa requirements, referrals or relocation packages required for new starters
- Coordinate regular occupational health visits and work with the wider Operations team to implement any recommendations
- Champion HR initiatives, systems and centralised processes. Acting as an ambassador and role model for our best practices globally
- A Level equivalent or above and/or 1-2 years proven experience working in an HR or Operations team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- A self-starter and a real team player, who can evidence using their initiative and their ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude, taking pride in delivering outstanding work
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Excellent MS skills particularly Outlook (diary management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Proven experience working for a fast-growing international consultancy or professional services business
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.