- Oxford office
- Permanent full-time
We are looking for a Head of Finance to join our Oxford office.
The successful applicant will have excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage a range of activities effectively to deadline. They must be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and wider stakeholders in a hands-on role.
As Head of Finance, they will work in a dynamic, multi-national, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. The continued rapid growth and international expansion of the company offers the potential for significant personal growth.
The position would suit a qualified accountant with at least five years’ experience in a financial leadership position, including both strategic and operational financial management, and reporting to Board level.
Managing the existing Finance team, you will play a critical role in driving the development of the finance function at Aurora, to support strategic decision-making and ensure timely reporting of financial results and performance. You will be a key point of contact for our Board and investors.
Your responsibilities will include ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of the management accounts and related reporting, as well as managing and overseeing the delivery of all statutory returns, bookkeeping, reconciliation, and financial compliance.
You will also lead on business planning, including the budgeting and financial forecasting process, policy setting, cashflow analysis, banking and tax compliance and planning. You will play a leading role in developing and implementing improvements to our financial reporting system.
- Strategic thinker, able to translate the strategic ambitions of the business into realistic financial plans
- Hands-on team leader with a track record of delivering high quality financial reporting to Board and senior management
- Proven experience operating across multiple jurisdictions in an international business
- Ability to plan for and manage the growth of the finance function in a fast-growing business
- Qualified accountant to at least CIMA, ACCA or ACA level
- Fully conversant with accounting procedures legislation
- Strong technical accounting and tax knowledge
- Expert knowledge of financial control systems and procedures
- Good working knowledge of current financial reporting and ERP systems; experience developing and implementing such systems an advantage
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven experience of cashflow management and forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at Board level, with high attention to detail
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics