At Aurora, you will apply the skills you have developed through your studies to solving some of our clients’ most interesting and intricate problems. Through a mix of structured training
programs and on-the-job learning, we will help you take your abilities to the next level, preparing you to build relationships with clients, develop new business opportunities, nurture teams and communicate complex ideas with crystal clarity.
For recent graduates joining Aurora, we offer an 18-month program of experience and development designed to provide:
- Accelerated training in how energy markets work
- Involvement in live client projects
- An opportunity to contribute to some of the most influential reports in the industry
- A chance to build up your toolkit of analytical, teamwork and communications skills
- An understanding of how Aurora fits together and of the opportunities in the company
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
Over the 18 months, you will take part in three 6-month placements in different teams at our Berlin office. Placements will be assigned collaboratively, based on both your interests and
the needs of the business at the time, and you may complete different numbers of placements
in different teams. At the end of the last placement, you will move into a permanent position
with one of our teams.
- University students of either:
- A quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- A social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Team players who take an interest in what happens in the world around them
- Enthusiasm for energy markets; previous professional or academic exposure to energy is beneficial
- Very good knowledge of English; fluency (>B2) in at least one other European language of either German, Dutch, Italian, Polish, or one of the Nordics.
- Previous professional or academic exposure to energy is beneficial
What we offer
- A range of benefits including the opportunity to work flexibly, private company
pension, JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
- Opportunity to work in a multicultural, fast growing global company that is informal,
fun and supportive
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and
- Internal further education offers and development perspectives with great creative
freedom for your ideas and your commitment
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or
belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.