Based in Oxford, you will work as part of a fun and highly experienced Software Team building innovative cloud-based software solutions which power major decisions in the global energy transition.
You would work at part of a team on a cutting-edge Microservices architecture and using TypeScript/Express/AWS Lambdas, Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB and Micro-frontends built on React. This will allow you to take responsibility for solutions from design to deployment. You will be working with processes and tooling that allows you to release changes to our customers multiple time per day.
The innovative nature of the role will give significant opportunity to broaden and deepen your skill set using a range of technologies on some significant and challenging problems.
The successful applicant will combine exceptional problem solving and technical capability with a passion to deliver great solutions for our users.
- Design, develop, test, and operate the new generation of Aurora’s software-as-a-service solutions including playing a key role in designing and developing the user interface.
- Work closely with end users (internal and external) to innovate highly effective solutions.
- Contribute to continuously improving how the Software Team works.
- Solid experience in developing complex software solutions using React.
- Has an eye for designing and building software with a fantastic user-experience.
- A proven track record for delivering great software and solving difficult technical problems.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player.
- Experience building web-services/microservices (highly desirable).
- Experience of unit testing (highly desirable).
- Experience of AWS (highly desirable).
What we offer
- Working as part of a fun, friendly and highly skilled team.
- Work on a cutting-edge, constantly evolving technology stack, utilising a Microservices architecture and using AWS, Node/TypeScript, AWS Lambdas, Python, AWS Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, Jest.
- An opportunity to influence the direction of a fast-growing area of the business.
- An intellectual challenge.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
- A competitive salary.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.