- Oxford or Berlin office
- Permanent, full-time
Aurora is looking for a French Market Lead to open up our Paris office. The role will initially be based in Berlin or Oxford prior to the opening of the Paris office which is expected to be by mid-2022.
You will play a pivotal role in leading Aurora’s activities in the French market, becoming Aurora’s figurehead for the French power sector and developing our thought leadership, consulting and subscription product that is offered in this space.
In this role you will lead consulting projects, becoming the first point of contact to clients in the investor, renewables developer and utility space, and lead the development of Aurora’s market research offering for the on the French power market. This involves keeping abreast and providing insightful analysis on key developments across the market, including consideration of how power markets will be affected by decarbonisation policies and the emergence of low carbon technologies.
Over the medium term, this role is expected to develop into independently leading Aurora’s French business. You will play a key role in all aspects of project and product development, as well as engagement with senior clients managing projects, directing our ongoing research, conducting novel analyses, identifying client needs and new business development opportunities.
- At least 4 – 6 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research institute). Alternatively, a specialist economic consultancy or industry
- Very good university degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
- Previous experience of working on energy-related projects or policy related projects or policy – particularly in a European power market context
- Demonstrated success in project and process management team-oriented environments
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, and desire to grow the business
- Proficiency in English and French (C1 level or above) required
- It would be highly advantageous to have existing knowledge of the French power market
- Leadership experience demonstrated by previous roles of professional responsibility
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- In addition to English and French, one or more of the following languages is beneficial: German; one of the Nordic languages; Italian; Polish; German; Spanish; Dutch
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford or Berlin with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
- (Berlin) Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics