The Financial Accountant is responsible for a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment. Reporting into the Group Finance Manager based in Oxford, you will manage the day-to day financial processes and identify improvement opportunities. You will be responsible for analyzing current and past financial data and performance. Along with preparing reports and projections based on analysis, the position provides strategic guidance on all contractual, risk and business decisions that could have an impact on the US business.
You will be responsible for finance administration, act as a liaison to various operational departments, own the calendar of recurring administrative responsibilities, contracts, subscriptions and commissioned project revenue streams. You will support the finance department, maintaining financial accounts, preparing financial reports and analysis, maintain the financial databases and systems and recommend changes as appropriate. Other responsibilities to include our invoicing processes, chasing aged debtors as well as accounts payables. As well, you’ll work closely with our external accountants on year end audits as well as financial statements in local language and tax filings.
- Responsible and working with Group for monthly close process
- Working closely with the delivery teams to understand the status of projects to ensure that revenue is recognised appropriately
- Support Senior Leaders in managing contract terms.
- Maintaining the subscriptions database for the office to ensure that revenue is recognised appropriately, and customers are invoiced on time
- Develop and update regular tracking and forecasting reports for the Country Leader, Global Finance Team, and Operations Manager to assist with management of business
- Assist Project Leaders in reviewing project budgets and performance including reporting of revenue, labor, expenses, and project milestones
- Maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers
- Work closely with the external accountant to prepare financial statements and local tax filings and ensuring they are filed on time
- Provide analysis on topics relating to finance matters for the Senior Management
- Business partner with Head office finance team in delivery budgeting process as well as ad-hoc projects
- Graduate in Accounting or similar qualification; with at least 4-5 years of related work experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced accounting function
- Experience of entering financial transactions into an accounting system, maintaining financial trackers, bank reconciliations, preparing accruals and prepayments, and reconciling general ledger balances
- Proven ability to analyse data clearly with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working with an ERP system
- Accuracy and ability to work with large amount of data
- High level of responsibility and reliability
- Team-oriented and interested in working in an international environment
- CPA qualified, or non-CPA qualified with relevant expereince
- International or startup companies or SaaS finance project experience
- Experience in workforce management and CRM systems preferable
- Highly analytical, driven and results-oriented
What we offer
- The opportunity to grow, learn and contribute to a rapidly growing international business
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating and demanding yet supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in hip East Austin with coffee, tea, fruit and snacks available
- A competitive salary package
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.