This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance professional to take on a generalist Finance position providing exposure and experience of the entire Finance ecosystem with the potential opportunity to grow the remit into a bigger & more strategic EMEA role.
As a key member of the Berlin Operations team, the Financial Accountant has full responsibility and ownership for managing all finance-related activities and acts as a business partner to the Berlin leadership team. The position reports into our Group Finance Manager based in Oxford, UK.
As a key member of the Berlin Operations team, the Financial Accountant has full responsibility and ownership for managing all finance-related activities and acts as a business partner to the Berlin leadership team.
Financial Accountant will work closely with the management team to drive a culture of business partnering across the wider business and will be responsible for conducting a range of activities including month-end, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting. The role will monitor actual outcomes and variances against budget and/or forecasts.
The role will involve building strong business partnerships not only with colleagues working within your assigned Group but also with colleagues working in other teams in Finance.
The company is also in process of implementing a new Finance system, thus providing a great opportunity for an individual who wants to be part of the transformation.
- Close month end management accounts for your assigned group in line with required governance frameworks and timelines; ensuring financial accuracy and completeness, and variance analysis where required.
- Maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers
- Ensuring transactions are recorded in line with local accounting laws and regulations
- Liaising with our external accountant to ensure that month end, year end and tax submission procedures run smoothly, and all group deadlines are met
- Assist with year-end audit
- Working closely with the business teams to understand the status of projects to ensure that revenue is recognised appropriately
- Maintaining the subscriptions database for the office to ensure that revenue is recognised appropriately, and customers are invoiced on timely basis
- Provide analysis on topics relating to finance matters for the Managing Director and Office Manager as required
- Processing purchase invoices and staff expenses (until new ERP system is in place)
- Develop and implement your ideas to optimise financial processes
- Involvement in the implementation of new ERP system
- Support to the Group Finance team with all necessary tasks
- Provision of analysis and commentaries, both financial and non-financial as required and other business-related ad-hoc projects
- CA / ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage expectations across multiple internal stakeholders.
- Good analytical skills and ability to provide constructive challenge.
- Experience of reporting and analysis from financial systems
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to appreciate the bigger picture
- Management accountancy experience
- Pragmatic and analytical approach to problem solving
- An ability to communicate complex information to individuals of both financial and non-financial background
- Able to work to tight timescales with minimal supervision
- Flexible approach to task management with the ability to adapt easily and quickly
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised and ability to prioritise work load
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experienced in foreign currency and working within a global company
- Experienced with all general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Team-oriented and interested in working in an international environment
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast-thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Private Company pension scheme
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility include part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.