The Finance Working Student is responsible for a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment. Reporting to the Office Manager, you will proactively support the day-to day financial processes. You will work closely with the Oxford Finance team.
You will support the finance department, maintaining financial accounts, databases and systems. You will work closely with our external accountants on month end procedures. You will be responsible for our invoicing processes, chasing aged debtors as well as managing accounts payables.
We are looking for someone who can work independently, has excellent attention to detail and can hit the ground running. You must have excellent organisational skills and be a confident communicator. Previous experience working within Finance, Accounting or Controlling is a plus.
This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and work within an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Ensure transactions are recorded in line with local accounting laws and regulations
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers
- Maintain the subscriptions database to ensure that revenue is recognised appropriately, and customers are invoiced on time
- Work closely with the external accountant to prepare financial statements
- Review of travel expenses claims
- Assist on supplier payments
- Develop and implement your ideas to optimise financial processes
- Studying business administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent
- Ability to analyse data clearly with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Affinity for numbers
- Proficiency in English and German (C1 level or above) required, both written and spoken
- Accuracy and ability to learn quickly
- High level of responsibility and reliability
- Team-oriented and interested in working in an international environment
- First professional experience in Accounting, Finance or Controlling is desirable
- Experience of entering financial transactions into an accounting system, maintaining financial trackers and bank reconciliations is desirable
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements and are interested, please still apply and let us know your motivations.
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued development of a successful and thriving operations team in a fast-paced and exciting industry
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- Internal further education offers and development perspectives with great creative freedom for your ideas and your commitment
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of around 200 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 400 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.