This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance professional to take on a generalist Finance position providing exposure and experience of the entire Finance ecosystem with the potential opportunity to grow the remit into a bigger & more strategic US role.
As a key member of the Austin Operations team, the Finance Analyst has full responsibility and ownership for managing all finance related activities and acts as a business partner to the US leadership team. The position has a solid line report into to our Group Finance Manager based in Oxford, UK; and a dotted line report into the Austin Office Manager.
As a key member of the Austin Operations team, the Finance Analyst has full responsibility and ownership for managing all finance related activities and acts as a business partner to the US leadership team.
Finance Analyst will work closely with the management team to drive a culture of business partnering across the wider business and will be responsible for conducting a range of activities including month end, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting. The role will monitor actual outcomes and variances against budget and/or forecasts.
The role will involve building strong business partnerships not only with colleagues working within your team, but also with colleagues working in other teams in Finance.
Key responsibilities are:
- Close month end management accounts for your assigned group in line with required governance frameworks and timelines; ensuring financial accuracy and completeness, and variance analysis where required
- Processing and maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers
- Ensuring transactions are recorded in line with local accounting laws and regulations
- Liaising with our external accountant to ensure that month end, year end and tax submission procedures run smoothly, and all group deadlines are met
- Assist with year-end audit
- Working closely with the commercial team and business leads to understand the status of projects to ensure that revenue is recognized appropriately
- Maintaining the subscriptions database for the office to ensure that revenue is recognized appropriately, and customers are invoiced on timely basis
- Provide analysis on topics relating to finance matters for the Country Lead and Office Manager as required
- Processing purchase invoices and staff expenses (until new ERP system is in place)
- Involvement in the implementation of new ERP system
- Develop and implement your ideas to optimize financial processes
- Support to the Group Finance team with all necessary deliverables/ projects
- Provision of analysis and commentaries, both financial and non-financial as required
- Other business-related ad-hoc projects
- CA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage expectations across multiple internal stakeholders
- Good analytical skills and ability to provide constructive challenge
- Experience of reporting and analysis from financial systems
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to appreciate the bigger picture
- Management accountancy experience in subscription background is plus, but not necessity
- Pragmatic and analytical approach to problem solving
- An ability to communicate complex information to individuals of both financial and non-financial background
- Able to work to tight timescales with minimal supervision
- Flexible approach to task management with the ability to adapt easily and quickly
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experienced in foreign currency and working within a global company
- Experienced with all general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Team-oriented and interested in working in an international environment
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements and are interested, please still apply and let us know your motivations.
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued development of a successful and thriving operations team in a fast-paced and exciting industry
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of East Austin with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- Internal further education offers and development perspectives with great creative freedom for your ideas and your commitment
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.