We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized Events Coordinator to organize a series of Aurora’s client and public events with the aim of sharing the company’s original analysis on the hottest energy topics.
Joining our Austin office, you will be responsible for organizing our in-person and virtual events such as our client roundtable meetings, workshops, webinars and annual market-leading conferences. You will organize these events from initial planning through to running the event on the day and post-event activities, including (for in-person events): liaising with venues, caterers and other suppliers, delegates and internal stakeholders, in some cases, attending the day and make sure everything runs smoothly; (for virtual events): scheduling, test runs, setting up and managing logistics on the day.
As part of your role, you will also have the opportunity to coordinate the organization of our annual industry-leading conferences in the US such as the Aurora US Forum which will be launched in Fall 2024. This will involve various activities such as organizing logistics, working with various suppliers, coordinating attendee registrations, publicizing the event, and ensuring everything runs smoothly on the day.
You will be an essential member of our Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Marketing Executive, and working alongside colleagues of all levels. Great organizational skills are vital for this role, together with a flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude.
The role offers significant opportunities for growth and personal development as we continue to develop our event program.
If you want to follow an events career and looking for a new challenge, step this way! This is your chance to gain experience within an innovative, successful, and growing company with global ambition.
- Organize our in-person client roundtable meetings and workshops of up to ~50 delegates. Liaise with venues, caterers and other suppliers, delegates and internal stakeholders, in some cases attend on the day making sure everything runs smoothly, and post-event activities such as producing attendance reports and follow-ups
- Coordinate our webinars and virtual roundtable meetings, including scheduling, test runs, setting up and managing logistics on the day, preparing the recording and attendance report afterwards and sharing it with internal stakeholders
- Organize the logistics for our large conferences in the US, including finding various suppliers and acting as a main contact point, coordinating attendee registrations, utilising email marketing and other channels to help publicize the event, and ensuring that everything runs smoothly on the day
- Deliver communications & marketing for the Aurora General Meetings, workshops and webinars
- Attend a selection of our events, having an active role in the day
- Provide organizational support for Aurora’s participation in external conferences and fairs
- Contribute with ideas to constantly improve our events strategy and as part of the wider Commercial team, always asking ‘What’s next?’
- Enthusiastic, energetic with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organization and negotiation skills, able to manage a range of activities effectively to tight deadlines
- Able to multi-task and re-prioritize in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Professional, excellent communication skills, able to build relationships at all levels
- Able to use your own initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Work experience, ideally within in-person and virtual event organizing or a commercial environment
- Experience with virtual event platforms such as Zoom, Aventri etc.
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast-thinking, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, roundtables and webinars
- The opportunity to grow and develop your event management skills and build a strong network in the industry
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training program offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.