We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised Events Assistant to organise a series of Aurora’s client and public events & webinars with the aim of sharing the company’s original analysis on the hottest energy topics.
Joining our Berlin office, you will be responsible for organising our in-person and virtual events such as our client roundtable meetings and webinars. You will organise these events from initial planning through to running the event on the day and post event activities, including (for in-person events): liaising with venues, caterers and other suppliers, delegates and internal stakeholders, in some cases attend on the day and make sure everything runs smoothly; (for virtual events): scheduling, test runs, setting up and managing logistics on the day.
As part of your role, you will also assist with the organization of Aurora’s large events in Germany such as the Aurora Renewables Summit Berlin. This will involve supporting the Events team with various activities such as researching venues and suppliers and acting as main contact point, coordinating attendee registrations, helping with publicising the event, and making sure that everything runs smoothly on the day.
You will be an important member of our Commercial team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Events, and working alongside colleagues of all levels. Great organisational skills are vital for this role, together with a flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude.
The role offers significant opportunities for growth and personal development as we continue to develop our event programme.
If you want to follow an events career and looking for a new challenge, step this way! This is your chance to gain lots of experience within an innovative, successful, and growing company with global ambition.
- Organise our in-person client roundtable meetings, business events of up to 50 delegates. Liaise with venues, caterers and other suppliers, delegates and internal stakeholders, in some cases attend on the day making sure everything runs smoothly, and post event activities such as producing attendance reports and follow ups.
- Coordinate our webinars and virtual roundtable meetings, including scheduling, test runs, setting up and managing logistics on the day, preparing the recording and attendance report afterwards and sharing it with internal stakeholders.
- Assist the Events team with the organisation of our large event in Germany, including researching venues and suppliers and acting as main contact point, coordinating attendee registrations, helping with publicising the event, and making sure that everything runs smoothly on the day.
- Attend a selection of our events, having an active role on the day.
- Provide organisational support for Aurora colleagues attending external conferences and fairs.
- Contribute ideas as part of the wider Commercial team, always asking ‘What’s next?’
- Enthusiastic, energetic with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and negotiation skills, able to manage a range of activities effectively to tight deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and re-prioritise in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Professional, excellent communication skills, able to build relationships at all levels.
- Able to use your own initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills.
- Prepared to attend occasional events in Germany and other European countries.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- English and German C1 level or above
- Work experience, ideally of in-person and virtual event organising or within a commercial environment.
- Experience with virtual event platforms such as Webex and Zoom.
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, roundtables and webinars.
- The opportunity to grow and develop your events management skills and build a strong network in the industry.
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions.
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office.
- A competitive salary package.
- Additional company pension contribution.
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.