We are looking for a master multi-tasker with great organisational skills to coordinate the logistics for our annual industry-leading conferences which are unique and unmissable for the energy sector, bringing together over 2,000 attendees each year.
Joining our Oxford office, you will be responsible for organising our flagship events such as our Spring Forum, Renewables Summit London, Hydrogen Conference and Battery Conference. You will organise these events from initial project planning through to running the event on the day together with the events team and with the support of the wider Aurora team. This will involve coming up with original ideas for our events and continuously looking for opportunities for making them more effective and sustainable; researching venues and suppliers and be the main contact point; coordinating attendee registrations; making sure that everything runs smoothly on the day; following up with various stakeholders post event.
As part of your role, you will also be responsible for the annual planning and coordination of our in-person and virtual client roundtable meetings. You will work together with our events team and coordinate the organization of these events. Organising our client roundtable meetings and webinars on a needs/ad hoc basis might be also required.
The successful applicant will enjoy autonomy plus the opportunity to substantially influence the perception and brand of the events. The role offers significant opportunities for growth and personal development as we continue to develop our conference and event programme.
You will be a member of our Commercial team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Events and will work alongside members of our senior management. Great organisational skills are vital for this role, together with a flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude.
If you’re an enthusiastic event coordinator looking for a new challenge, step this way! This is your chance to take ownership of your specialism within an innovative, successful, and growing company.
- Take the ownership of the logistics and attendee coordination for our large conferences.
- Organise our industry-leading conferences from logistics and venue arrangements, negotiating with suppliers and contractors, coordinating attendee registrations, to defining detailed plans, roles and responsibilities, and coordinating the events during the day together with the events team.
- Manage key stakeholders and suppliers, collect feedback and contribute to the event learnings.
- Influence our event strategy and drive continuous improvements of our events.
- Annual planning and coordination of our client roundtable meetings working with our senior management and events team. Organising our client roundtable meetings and webinars on a needs/ad hoc basis.
- Proven experience in events organisation or similar role.
- Excellent organisation and negotiation skills, able to manage a range of activities effectively to deadline and under pressure.
- Energetic and highly organised, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and re-prioritise in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Professional communication skills, able to communicate confidently and effectively with senior executives.
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and wider stakeholders.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills.
- Demonstrated success in business events coordination and in team-oriented environments.
- Experience in an Events or Marketing department.
- Experience with project management tools (i.e Asana) and event platforms (i.e Aventri).
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- The opportunity to grow and develop your events management skills and build a strong network in the industry.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training program offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.