- Sydney office
- Permanent full-time
Based in Sydney, the Energy Modelling Analyst will contribute to our energy modelling efforts by developing analytical and computational tools, enhancing our modelling methodology, analysing data, formulating recommendations on future trends, and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. The positions have a focus on modelling energy commodities (notably electricity) markets, and suit a recent university graduate (MSc or PhD).
At this time, we will only be considering Australian citizens or Permanent Residents for this role.
- Develop and maintain Aurora’s suite of energy market models
- Work closely with our research and consulting teams to derive insights from model results
- Contribute to continuously improving how the modelling team operates
- Relevant degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative field from a top university
- Exceptional problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Knowledge of one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, Java
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
- Knowledge of and interest in energy markets, and a belief that well-designed models significantly improve decision making
- Knowledge of statistical and/or optimization techniques
- Knowledge of an algebraic modelling language, such as GAMS (preferred) or AMPL
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun and international work culture
- Coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office as well as Friday evening pizza and beer with the team
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics