Based in São Paulo, you will contribute to our energy modelling efforts by developing analytical and computational tools, enhancing our modelling methodology, analysing data, formulating recommendations on future trends, and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. The positions have a focus on modelling energy commodities (notably electricity) markets and suit a recent university graduate (MSc or PhD).
- Develop and maintain Aurora’s suite of energy market models
- Work closely with our research and consulting teams to derive insights from model results
- Contribute to continuously improving how the modelling team operates
- Relevant degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field from a top university
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Knowledge of one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, Java
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player
- Proficiency in English (C1 level)
- Written and spoken fluency in Portuguese (C2 level)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
- Knowledge of and interest in energy markets, and a belief that well-designed models significantly improve decision making
- Knowledge of statistical and/or optimization techniques
- Knowledge of an algebraic modelling language, such as GAMS (preferred) or AMPL
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.