We are looking for an Energy Modeling Analyst to join our Austin office.
Our mission is to provide data-driven intelligence to support the energy transition. To support this mission, we are looking for an Energy Modeling Analyst to join our newest office in Austin, Texas. Aurora has developed a market-leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to key players in energy markets around the world, both public and private. More than 300 companies access these services, representing the vast majority of power generation capacity in the market and projects in development.
Having recently expanded into the USA, this is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge research and inform key decisions taken by our rapidly growing group of US clients. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. Working as part of a close-knit team, you will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and the chance to grow into an industry expert.
Based in Austin, you will contribute to our energy modeling efforts by developing analytical and computational tools, enhancing our modeling methodology, analyzing data, formulating recommendations on future trends, and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. The positions have a focus on modeling energy commodities (notably electricity) markets, and suit a recent university graduate (MSc or PhD).
At this time, we will only be considering US citizens or green card holders for this role.
- Develop and maintain Aurora’s suite of energy market models
- Work closely with our research and consulting teams to derive insights from model results
- Contribute to continuously improving how the modelling team operates
- Relevant degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative field from a top university
- Exceptional problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Knowledge of one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, Java
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
- Knowledge of and interest in energy markets, and a belief that well-designed models significantly improve decision making
- Knowledge of statistical and/or optimization techniques
- Knowledge of an algebraic modeling language, such as GAMS (preferred) or AMPL
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics