- Oxford office
- Permanent full-time
Aurora’s SaaS team create cloud-based data and analytics products which help our users make better strategic decisions on the road to carbon-free future. Widely adopted by leading energy
companies and investors, our products change the way that energy market analytics is performed and delivered.
We are currently looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and highly skilled Data Scientist to boost our data analytics capabilities and play a critical role in building out the value proposition of Aurora’s SaaS products. As a Data Scientist, you will use and expand Aurora’s large proprietary data sets and deploy quantitative, statistical and machine learning tools to enhance the quality of our analysis and forecasts and derive critical insights for both external and internal customers. You will also play a strategic role in shaping our products by proposing solutions and features unlocked by the growing amount of data available to us.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent advanced data analytics skillset, a track record in deploying quantitative and statistical tools to novel problems, and a passion for the global energy transformation. They will work in a creative, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment. They will gain cutting edge knowledge of the energy sector, develop and hone relationships with Aurora’s senior clients and vitally contribute to one of Aurora’s key strategic priorities.
- Design, develop and evaluate advance predictive models to enhance the quality and scope of data delivered to customers as a part of Aurora’s SaaS offering
- Communicate the selected analytical methodology and the associated trade-offs for the problem at hand to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with Aurora’s software development and modelling team to deploy the developed models, following DevOps best practice
- Leverage Aurora’s network of domain experts to explore and identify innovative data products and data analytic solutions that add value for our clients
- Work with product managers to develop innovation into commercially valuable products
- Mentor junior colleagues via code review, feedback session, and topical training
- Min 3 years of relevant experience in the field of data science / statistics / advanced analytics, ideally in a commercial environment
- Strong knowledge of data science fundamentals (statistics, linear regression, logistic regression, nonlinear models, tree-based methods, clustering) and high proficiency in common data science tools (Python, SQL, Pandas, seaborn, matplotlib, scikit-learn)
- Deep interest in energy and/or decarbonisation
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with software engineering best practice (refactoring, version control, automatic testing, and logging, writing modular code)
- Experience working with a development team to deploy models in cloud environments
What we offer
- An opportunity to apply data science and statistical skills to novel, challenging problems at the forefront of the energy transition
- An opportunity to creatively shape Aurora’s product offering
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- An opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- An office in the centre of Oxford with a fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics