- Sydney office
- Permanent full-time
Based in Sydney, the Data Modelling Analyst will work across the team (research and consulting), developing analytical solutions and data driven insights to enhance decision-making, both internally and for clients. The role involves developing analytical and computational tools, in addition to all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, presenting key findings and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations. You will serve as the technical leader within the team and play a key role interfacing with our in-house energy modelling and software development teams based in Oxford. The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a strong track record of performance in team-oriented environments.
The position suits a recent graduate of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program with 0-3 years of experience. At this time, we will only be considering Australian citizens or Permanent Residents for this role.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision-making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients and internal stakeholders to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients and internal stakeholders
- A college degree and evidence of strong academic performance in in a quantitative subject (e.g. Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance)
- The ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Experience with at least one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, etc.
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments and project management (e.g. as part of a college project)
- Strong interest in energy and power markets
- Knowledge of an algebraic modelling language, such as GAMS (preferred) or AMPL
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including VBA
- Strong grasp of data science fundamentals, knowledge of statistical techniques and skill with statistical software
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun and international work culture
- Coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office as well as Friday evening pizza and beer with the team
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics