Based in Austin, you will be responsible for supporting and facilitating the end to end contract and client engagement lifecycle at Aurora, primarily for Aurora’s business in the United States. You will be part of our dynamic, fast-paced and multi-national Operations team in an intellectually stimulating environment. You will play a key role in all aspects of contract and process management, working closely with Aurora’s Legal team and senior business leaders, acting as the main point of contact for contract negotiations, record keeping, project and time reporting, monitoring and change management.
Successful candidates will be expected to build and maintain excellent relationships across the organization, requiring confidence in managing relationships with people at senior levels both internally and externally. This along with the ability to work independently, have exceptional attention to detail, and adaptable in a fast-moving environment are key. You must have excellent organizational skills and be a confident communicator, IT and problem-solving skills are vital.
- Create, prepare, review, and edit contractual documentation relating to Aurora’s business in the United States, with support and supervision from Aurora’s Legal Counsel, the UK Contracts Coordinator and, where necessary, external counsel
- Coordinate, complete, compile, and upload client tender documentation to external portals
- Ensure the organization’s internal contract, tender and policy documents are accurate and well maintained
- Provide advice and support to the different teams relating to contract generation and process improvements
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their needs are met
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders regarding contracts and process improvements
- Ensure generation and analysis of accurate contract and project management information consistent with reporting requirements
- Management of project set-up within the Enterprise Resource Planning system, including maintenance of assigned projects
- Ensure all draft and signed contracts, and all completed tender documentation, are uploaded and stored appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language, and the contract lifecycle
- Strong team player; supports colleagues and shares knowledge
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to independently manage own workload, and priorities between multiple stakeholders
- Exemplify creative problem-solving abilities
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of common programs such as Microsoft Office
- Educated to degree level
- Previous experience working within a legal, contract management or project management department
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in vibrant east Austin with coffee, fruit, and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.