Are you an articulate and experienced communications pro? We need you to help us tell our story, amplifying our voice to subscribers, marketplaces, and the Aurora team.
Joining the Marketing and Communications team, you will manage a team of four: our Copy Editor, Press Officer, and two Communications Assistants. You will also work with our HR team and HR marketer to develop our internal communications.
You will be a source of expertise in best practice copywriting across multiple formats and channels, and always seek to improve the effectiveness of our communications, measuring efforts and optimising accordingly.
The development of our company website will be led by you, working with teams across Aurora to keep the site current, optimised and engaging. You will also define and grow our email marketing strategy, working closely with Marketing to build out our approach, templates, and drip-fed engagement campaigns.
This exciting new role will help elevate our brand and reputation, reaching the right audience for maximum impact, and ensuring Aurora’s commentary is an increasingly prominent part of the global energy transformation conversation.
- Manage a team to deliver high quality and consistent communications projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Own the company website, identifying areas for improvement and project managing developments.
- Manage the development of our email marketing strategy, working closely with Marketing to ensure we’re reaching the right audience with the right message, and at the right time.
- Be one of Aurora’s key communications experts, providing advice to multiple teams.
- Define and update brand narratives, working closely with senior staff to understand our strategic priorities.
- Contribute to marketing and communications team reporting.
- Generate ideas as part of the wider marketing team, always asking ‘What’s next?’.
- 5 years’ experience in communications, including brand and tone of voice development across full channel and brand mix.
- Supportive line management experience.
- Exceptional writing skills, able to draft and coach others to achieve engaging, clear and relatable copy.
- An excellent standard of English, both written and verbal.
- Superb team player.
- Proactive and well organised, with the ability to work under own initiative.
- Good judgement when there’s a reputational/ethical decision to be made.
- Experience of using programs within our tech stack, including Salesforce, Pardot, Asana, WordPress, Canva.
- Experience of internal communications.
- An interest in making a positive contribution to the global energy transformation.
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.