Based in Oxford, you will work in a dynamic multi-national team and will play a key role in collecting, processing and reporting of key data supporting all aspects of our commercial and operational activities.
You would join our commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer potential for progression and personal development, including through international expansion and creating new data and software-based solutions.
This role would be ideal for a candidate at an earlier stage of their career who is looking to develop a skillset in analytics and reporting with a focus on commercial management.
Successful candidates will combine a strong analytical mindset, interpersonal and relationship management skills, passion to develop new reporting and systems-based solutions, and interest in energy markets and the transition towards a more sustainable world. They will work in a young, dynamic, intellectually stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment.
- Producing existing reporting regarding the Commercial Teams’ KPIs and sales activity, and producing new reporting to provide further analysis, clarity or to increase the efficiency of reporting production.
- Administrate and keep various databases and datasets up to date.
- Work with various stakeholders to produce clear, accurate and analysis relevant to their needs.
- Working within the Commercial Operations team to improve administrative and operational processes, and to carry out some of those processes.
- Provide bespoke analysis of commercial performance for one-off deep analysis.
- Conduct market research and business intelligence to support the Commercial team.
- A high level of numerical & analytical competence.
- Experience in analysing and manipulating numerical data.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel ideally including lookups; pivot tables; sumifs; countifs.
- An ability to effectively prioritise and manage your own time and tasks.
- Excellent organisation skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed e.g. improving internal systems and processes.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of performing well in team-oriented environments.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition.
- Experiences of producing and managing sales & KPI based reporting.
- Experience of using Power BI, SQL Server or MS Access.
- Experience of Salesforce; Microsoft Dynamics CRM or any other CRM platform.
- Experience of SQL/SOQL.
- Experience of VBA/Macros.
What we offer
- The opportunity to develop a strong skillset in commercial management, analytics and reporting.
- The chance to gain experience and build expertise in utilising MS Excel; Power BI; Salesforce and SQL Server with support in gaining relevant qualifications.
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions taken by the Commercial Team and wider business.
- A wide-ranging role in an exciting and growing company.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
- A competitive salary package.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.