We are looking for a Commercial Operations Administrator to join our growing team responsible for administrating and developing the systems and process that Aurora’s Commercial team uses to drive subscription sales.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in building a skillset in CRM and ERP systems, data analytics and operational excellence within a commercial sales team. This role does not require any previous experience of system administration and development, but the successful candidate must be interested and willing to learn about these topics.
You must be a good communicator, capable of interacting with internal stakeholders and users in an engaging and clear manner to ensure that team members and users have the best possible chance to be efficient and successful.
Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our client-facing business by working as part of a vibrant, fast paced Commercial team. This is a chance to gain experience within an interesting and dynamic organisation, where individuals thrive on change.
- System administration
- Arranging and conducting new user onboarding and training
- Chasing user led administrative tasks
- Collating a library of user reports and dashboards providing insights and error reporting
- Ad hoc data management and collation tasks
- Continuous user training
- Arranging continued training with users to ensure compliance with processes and the dissemination of new processes and requirements.
- Partnering with users during unfamiliar processes to provide guidance and support
- Team administration
- Managing and tracking the development pipeline and longlist
- Updating stakeholders about development objectives and progress
- Responding to customer user queries and identifying improvements to the customer experience
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office particularly with basic to intermediate use of Excel
- A minimum of grade C/4 in Maths and English with an understanding of how to calculate percentages and averages
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail with effective organisational skills
- The initiative to research solutions for computer/system issues before escalating
- Personable, supportive and a great team player
- Effective verbal and written communication
- An interest in systems, data and coding
- Experience of interacting with or managing a database, system or operational process
- Experience of using excel formulas/processes such as data filters, data sorting, pivot tables, sumif/sumifs, countif/countifs or lookups
- Experience of interacting with any code such as html, python, SQL or VBA either through education/employment or personal use
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing international business within the energy sector
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating and demanding yet supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.