Based in Berlin, you will be a senior member in of our dynamic and multi-national commercial team in an intellectually stimulating environment. You will play a key role in all aspects of business development and client relationship management of our energy analytics subscription and software-as-a-service business. You will lead a team of currently 2-3 Commercial Associates covering Central Europe. This covers Germany and Poland with ambitions to expand to Austria, Czechia and Switzerland).
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to develop, inspire and manage a growing team of young, ambitious and fast learning team members. You will report to Aurora’s Head of Commercial in Europe and develop jointly our go-to-market strategy, critically influence our product and service development, and build a successful team with necessary processes and systems. The position offers excellent career progression opportunities which include international expansion and/or extended leadership positions in the commercial team.
Successful candidates will combine a strong business development mindset, superior communication and relationship management skills, a high interest in and good understanding of energy and power markets, experience in managing a sales team and related commercial processes, coupled with a strong track record of performance in team-oriented environments leading to commercial success.
- Provide leadership and manage a team of 2-3 team of (Senior) Commercial Associates while keeping and building on a positive, strong and supportive team culture
- Maintain and expand a pieline of opportunities through acquisition and cross-selling
- Guide the team on contrating and take an active role in agreements which require bespoke contract structures
- Jointly define the go-to-market and commercialisation strategy for our energy analytics and data subscription business for Central Europe
- Ensure established sales and account management processes are followed and work with other region leads to maintain consistance across the company
- Take responsibility to improve and refine processes, tools and support systems that will create an effective and efficient commercial organisation
- Proactively build a network of strategic relationships and business partnerships in client organisations
- Manage a portfolio of existing key client accounts, developing a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executives yourself
- Support the development of marketing plans and provide hands-on support in developing marketing initiatives, such as taking a leading role for one of Aurora’s events
- Contribute to new product development and continuous improvement of our existing services
- Represent Aurora in a range of client meetings, conferences and other public settings
- Educated to university degree level (or equivalent) is preferable
- 3-5 years sales/business development experience, ideally in subscription-based data and analytics in the energy sector
- Proven experience of building and/or leading a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Results-driven, with a high degree of persistence in reaching goals and a hands-on approach to ensuring targets are achieved
- Proven experience in business development and/or client relationship management
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Experience in negotiating contractual terms with clients and drafting agreements
- Enthusiasm for and good knowledge of energy markets/technologies; previous professional exposure to energy and power markets is highly preferable
- Strong analytical capabilities, in business, economics, engineering or similar would be preferred but not essential
- Proficiency (C1 level) in English
- Written and spoken fluency in German (C1 level)
- Knowledge of another european language (preferably Polish or Czech) would be beneficial
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The chance to influence key decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- A competitive salary package
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.